Thursday, July 23, 2009
Thanks to Lokiboy for keeping this lovely steampunk memory green, or should I instead say for keeping the lovely memory steaming and smoky and twirling its cogs and stomping its engines.
So many from the Steamlands deserve major kudos for the vivid creations of RFL 2009 -- planners and designers and builders and scripters and herders of cats, before and during and after. You know who you are. Miss Darwinian fastens on her special remote hydraulic appreciation attachment and snaps out to one and all of you a steampunk clankety 21-cog salute.
Thank you, Caledon, Steelhead, and New Babbage for your support of this amazing effort.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Here I am wearing my favorite new steampunk outfit, Eladrienne Laval's AETHER Queen of Cogs, with golden cogs on the jacket (not wearing the cog crown) riding up up up to the very top of Kamilah Hauptmann's Metropolis sim at RFL 2009, which also features amazing steampunk vehicles by Wrath Constantine.
TotalLunar Eclipse of Steelhead created a notecard with info and landmarks for many Victorian sights created for RFL; cribbing freely from that but adding perhaps my own mistakes:
- RFL Team Caledon
- Sim StartHere, designer: Equine Mcmillian, amazing telescopy thing!
Sim Metropolis (Art Deco inspired steampunk city), Architect and Designer: Her Lyonesse Kamilah Hauptmann, with amazing steampunk vehicles by Wrath Constantine
- New Babbage
- Universal Exhibition - World's Fair based on the 1889 Exhibition Universelle in Paris. More than 20 exhibits from leading Babbage builders. Chair: Breezy Carver. Lead Architect: Aeolus Cleanslate. Architects: Kandace Commons, Greg Merryman, Doctor Obolenski, Edward Pearse, Rip Wirefly
Plus, Designer Sim: Mars -New Babbage establishes a base on Mars.
Chair: Breezy Carver. Lead Architect: Reitsuki Kojima.
- Steelhead Team Salmons
- Team Salmons presents: Crescent Lake, Oregon. Architect and Landscape designer: TotalLunar Eclipse, 7seas enabled... all proceeds go to Relay for Life
Thursday, July 16, 2009
- I am not yet very good at either.
- The scripting especially is way too much fun.
- They are a handy excuse to postpone other work.
- For some reason, I keep adding more and more features.*
- All of the above.
If you picked 5, you know me way too well. If you are not on my friends list yet, why aren't you?
* For example, this desk sign whistles like a railroad train when somebody pokes it. But then, don't all desk signs do that? Or if not, shouldn't they?
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Real life should do that.
This morning, however, i wanted to do my restart back at the pub in Caledon's Steam Sky City where last night Miss Reghan Straaf was spinning tunes. SSC is always an inspiring ramble, a haven of steampunk inventions plus tesla and fine blinkenlights.
Three time machines. Wow.
Real life should definitely be more like Second Life.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
- In the desert East of Odyssey, I found out just what happens if you push the oh-so-tempting button beneath Cutea Benelli's dark steampunk Bogon Flux super-construction.
- Sir Edward Pearse, Caledon's DJing Duke of Argyll and urban architect, when he is not Pearsing and Cutting and marrying beautiful women and building huge buildings, talked on my store roof and showed us all his very first waistcoat.
- Miss Koshari Mahana -- artisan, builder, historian, and visionary -- showed us a few of the designs from her own life journey and gave away as our door prize one of her Amphibiflyers.
- I put on low-lag fishskin to attend the Lummerland Show and Tell and was, with the rest of the front row, attacked by a snail.
- I finally bought hair not tied into a storekeeperista updo, and danced it around at the Monday Club Gearz event in Steelhead Boomtown.
You might not think Monday should still be a part of the weekend. But when the adventures keep rolling in, weekends don't stop when they should!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Here, hanging in the air, trying to talk him out of this wacky abuse of everyone's server resources, you can see RockAndRoll Michigan (dressed as Uncle Sam), Uni NInetails (white kitteh avenger with multiple tails), me, Anna Darwinian, in my black and gold skirt, and two other ladies who will, I hope, tell me their names.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
I went wandering there today with MichaelD Mannonen, whose giant pirate-of-industry desk is one of my store's fine displays (his free pirate-talking shoulder parrot is yet another.) And when we got to the top of the PrimPerfect freebie tree, we ran into DarlingMonster Ember, who had shown her jewel-like flying machines in the very same store event where MichaelD last appeared.
Truly, Second Life is a small world built by very big imaginations.